Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Home again

We checked out this morning and found a couple of caches south of the airport.  We loaded up with gas and dropped off our Jeep Compass at about 11.  We were flying Alaska Air but the first leg was a Delta 757 at 1:52 (MST).  There was a 3 hour layover in Seattle and I had fish & chips for dinner.  The next flight was Alaska Horizon at 6:10.  It was a prop plane and was flying so low we could watch all the towns go by.  We could even see the white rock at White Rock!  The last bit up the Fraser River was fun to watch. 

Lori & Pam took the Canada Line & bus to Delta.  They put me in a cab.  I was too tired to even think about the CL & a bus ride home.  I asked the cabbie to carry my bag upstairs.  He agreed when he realized I was giving him a $20 for a $13 ride.  Worth every penny!

We accomplished everything we set out to do on the trip.  Pam got to 100 on some days of the month, we all finished our Jasmer Challenge (finding a cache placed in 149 months since May 2000), a count of different types of caches and a bunch of Earthcaches for another challenge.  We also saw amazing scenery.

Pam & Lori drove 1,212 miles/1950 km
I walked 2.33 km today in airports and a total of 10.8 km.


No comments: