Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Checkup day

Had an appointment at 8:40 with my oncologist.  Another doctor saw me first and then Karen came in.  My tumour markers are up on one test and down on another, there is no sign of anything in the lungs or liver, some tumours are bigger & some are smaller.  I can stop worrying about the 2 I can feel.  I am to give up the pool exercise and it is probably just too much exertion right now. 

I have lost a lot of weight and have been having enough trouble with my gut that I am being referred to St. Paul's for a look.  The CT Scan doesn't really show the stomach, so I'll need another scope.  Changed doctors.  Remember throwing up on the last one during the procedure.  Not altogether a bad thing.

Was feeling much better so decided to give caching a shot.  Stopped at Starbucks for a latte and it didn't upset anything.  Found Lori & Pam in New Westminster and drove them around.  Stopped for soup & sandwich at lunch and I was hungry for the first time in days.  Went out to Lori's house and she drove the two of us to Abbotsford for an event put on by a couple leaving in the morning for Africa.  I gave them a BC flag coin to drop somewhere exotic.  Logged a few more caches nearby and one in Cloverdale to get me to 100 for the 1st day of the month.  12 more days to work on to get those columns to 100.

I am tired but feeling much better.  Hope it stays this way for a while.

No comments: