Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Check up day

My bloodwork was at 9 this morning and I gave 6 vials up.  Had a scone and some tea in the cafeteria and read for a while.

Stopped in at the Cancer Society and bought some daffodil pins and then walked on to the Fairmont Building for my appointment with Dr. Gelmon.  The resident explained that they were actually following 2 lymph nodes they are a bit smaller now.  Another spot near my adrenal gland is staying the same.  Easier to pick these to follow than to try measuring all the tumours.  My tumour markers are up to 48 but have been staying in the 40s for a while now.  There is now a new problem with the trial drug.  It might cause some hearing loss but I don't care and signed off on the risk.

Stopped at Oakridge for groceries and fell asleep after eating lunch.

Pleased that I got an answer from GSAK, the program I use to put geocaching waypoints in my GPS units.  I now know how to load hundreds at a time in the one I use in the car.  This will save a lot of time.  Pays to ask the question.

No comments: