Monday, January 19, 2009

Long Day

I did a lot for my first day out in a week. My cold is almost gone but not quite.

Picked up Vancouver: Stories of a City that I had ordered from The Courier months ago. Tried to get my glasses straightened but it there was only one person working (lunchtime) and the woman ahead of me was obviously going to be a painfully long time.

Went to the Hearing Clinic at St. Paul's Hospital. A resident tried cleaning out my ear and only succeeded in hurting me (a lot!). I then had a complete hearing test which I passed. The doctor then said to go home and use olive oil for a couple of weeks.

Stopped at Mae's for a bit to exchange presents and then drove her to the bus.

Attended the Status of Women Committee meeting at the VESTA office from 4 to 5. Always a pleasure! I took minutes and emailed them to the President before leaving.

Met Louise for dinner at Cactus Club and we then walked to the Cancer Agency for our support group.

Took some stuff to Pru and picked up the presents that Lucas had carried in his suitcase for me. Watched House before finally going home.

No comments: